Monday 30 March 2009

Diving in San Salvador

Chris and I had decided to put San Salvador on the itinerary because it's the place where we have experienced some of our best diving in 20 years. It’s still the best. Jamie, who is 10 and has only been diving since July last year, saw 6 Hammerhead sharks and numerous Caribbean Reef sharks as well as some of the most fantastic underwater scenery, enormous and friendly grouper, turtles, stingrays – as the school instructor, Lynn, kept singing "for a moment like this, some people wait a lifetime". I could go on, but instead we’ve included a slideshow of some of our better underwater pics. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun!! Loved all the pictures, they're extremely clear. I would've been soooooooooo scared that close to a hammer head shark!

Anonymous said...

I used to work at the RRI as a divemaster. I am glad to hear the diving is still good. I plan on going for a visit and take my son diving when he turns 12 in a couple of years. Wish we could visit by sail!