Wednesday 18 June 2008

Weather diversion La Coruna - log miles 146


We didn’t beat the low which means we are sailing into the wind and increasing seas. At the point we couldn't make better than 4kts we decided to put into La Coruna to wait it out. This means we lose 6 hours in and out plus our wait time.

On the way in we passed the 400 year old lighthouse which is the oldest working one in the world.

At the marina an attendant tried to put us in too tight a berth and we had to argue like mad to get a proper sized one whilst I was standing on the pontoon with my back pressed against the hull to stop us getting damaged. By the time we got in properly I was exhausted. Sailing in even a moderate sea is like exercising on a vibrating plate where muscles are constantly working to maintain stability and after four days I am looking forward to a proper nights sleep. Hopefuly my fitness levels will improve over the next few weeks.

No comments: